Lakport Legacies: July 31 -- "Images of Chicot County: A Book Project" with Dr. Blake Wintory and LaRhonda Mangrum
Regular Hours -- Open Year Round
Admission is $5, $3 for seniors, school age children, and groups of 8 or more. Please call in advance for group tours: (870) 265-6031.
Summer Hours 2014
May 24-July 26
Tour at 10 am
Tour at 2pm
Saturdays Open to visitors
11 am - 3 pm
The Lakeport Plantation house, built in 1859, is the only remaining Arkansas antebellum plantation home on the Mississippi River. The Greek Revival structure is one of Arkansas's premiere historic structures. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974, the home was gifted to Arkansas State University by the Sam Epstein Angel family in 2001. After five years of restoration work, the home opened to the public.
Have a question? Call us 870-265-6031.
Mailing / Physical Address:
601 Hwy 142, Lake Village, AR 71653
The restoration of the Lakeport Plantation house into a museum and public historic site has been funded through grants from the Arkansas Natural and Cultural Resources Council, National Endowment for the Humanities, and the Save America’s Treasures program.
This page is maintained by Blake Wintory
Please e-mail problems, comments and suggestions to email@example.com
Return to Arkansas State University Home Page